Thursday 21 October 2010

How green are you

I consider myself as a green and conscious person. But I think we could always be more conscious because the environment is still dying because of us and nobody seems to do something. In my case, I ride my bike, I recycle the garbage in my house, I only take a shower one day a week because I don’t consider important to take a shower every day and I hope the water will not disappear. When I was at school we planted a lot of trees in my city and I’ve always tried to increase at home the quantity of plants and trees. I also participate in Patagonia sin Represas when we tried to fight against the dam in the south of Chile, and also in the demostration against Pascua lama because I always go there since I was a little girl because I have a piece countryside there in the Huasco valley and I know what the damage they produce there and the most painful thing is people can’t do anything about it because they need to survive and they offer them a lot of money and stupid stuff like plasmas and things like those. Last year, I joined Green Peace but I had to pay every month so I only receive information on my email and sometimes I go to a demonstration or something like that. But I think that’s not enough, because it’s too minimum comparing the contamination that cities and industries make and that it’s the biggest problem. I think we do all that stuff to decrease the guilt because the real problem is the industry and we all know that. So, I think if we want to do something that really matters, we should struggle to change the government legislation and try to end the pollution of big cities such as Santiago.

1 comment: